The Women’s Studies and Feminist Club is a Student’s Union-sanctioned, intersectional feminist club at the University of Calgary. Our mission is to promote and advocate for the U of C’s Women’s Studies program, and to foster a feminist community on and around the U of C campus. We do this by hosting a variety of events, speakers, and discussions throughout the year, as well as by providing resources and a public voice to students enrolled in Women’s Studies major, minors and courses.
Our mission is to Foster an active, inclusive, participatory, equitable, and compassionate feminist-centric community that includes students, faculty, staff, and community members from a cross-section of various positions and identities, while also strengthening representation of the Women’s Studies program at the U of C.
The Women’s Studies and Feminist Club must, in all actions, strive towards one or more of the following goals:
- Facilitate and foster a feminist community.
- Contribute new facets to the health and vitality of the Women’s Studies program at the University of Calgary.
- Explore the place of activism in Women’s Studies and feminist communities by welcoming, fostering, promoting, enacting, and/or documenting diverse actions.
- Support pride in Women’s Studies and feminism through relationship-building, action, celebration, documentation, education, storytelling, scholarship, outreach, activism training, and other means.
- Hold, first and foremost, both its mandate and values as the guiding principles for all action.
- Empathy and external sympathy
- Holistic learning environment
- Non-hierarchical organization
For a more in-depth discussion of our mandate and values, check out the WSF Constitution.